WELCOME

A blog for the movie lovers, by the movie lovers and of the movie lovers.... So come, read, discuss, opine, subscribe, contirbute,,, coz frankly Reel makes real so much more bearable :)

Regards,
Team Blogomania

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Scent of a Woman - Blows u away....


Rating: 9/10


If you want a detailed review of the movie and want to know its story, please go to Taru's Review of this movie posted earlier. http://moviereviewsanddiscussions.blogspot.com/2007/06/scent-of-woman.html
I will just put my reflections on the movie that is peerless. I have given it a 9 RATING, just because I live in the hope that I cud see a better movie. I watched it last night after reading Taru's review on the movie and I would like to take this opportunity to thank Taru for recommending this movie. Its gone straight to the top bracket of my Best Movie list.


I just wanted to see a glimse of this movie yesterday at night, but once I got a whiff of the movie I was transfixed. The movie from it's title seems to be a romantic story, but its nothing like that. Its about this Blind Old Wretched Man, who is a retired Lieutanant Colonel played by AL PACINO, who can sense a woman by her scent. Its about fulfilling his final wishes before he dies( he plans to blow his brains out after Living like a king over the weekend). But unfortunately he finds a Caretaker - a preparatory school student (Chris O'Donnell), who cares. I wont say much about the story, because I am practically begging you to see it!


Al Pacino got an Oscar for this performance, but I would say it was worth many more. Its absolutely unbelievable how realistic his performance is. And the character he plays is of an essentric, hard-ass, dirty talking, wretched old man, whos arrogant and difficult to talk to. This guys favourite thing in this world is a WOMAN and a distant second is a Ferari! Chris O'Donnell is endearing aswell, as a boy with a poor background and a boy with a clean conscience and intergrity.


There are 2 or 3 scenes in this movie which will have you spell bound - The attempted suiside and the finale. I bet this movie will be one of your most cherished ones. So grab it asap. Its a must watch

No comments:

Take a Shot at the Movies

If you like this blog and want to co-author with us, then kindly send us mail at aggarwal.prabal@gmail.com
or vicksitis@gmail.com