WELCOME

A blog for the movie lovers, by the movie lovers and of the movie lovers.... So come, read, discuss, opine, subscribe, contirbute,,, coz frankly Reel makes real so much more bearable :)

Regards,
Team Blogomania

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Gore unleashed !!!! - The Ordeal ...


Its been 6 months since I watched 'The Ordeal'.I am sure you haven't heard about this movie..There are couple of reasons ...One. Its a Belgian movie ...Two.You are weak hearted...Please leave this blog right away if you can't tolerate gore ..The gore depicted here however surpasses the one depicted in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre ( A popular teen slasher) and other movies such as Hostel,IKWYDLS and likes..


Getting to the point...Did I like the movie ? No. I loved it...And not because I am a sickminded psycho but for the very reason that there is hardly any blood or scary faces in it ...A perfect lesson for the Bagdis and the Ramsays who churn out bucolic crap under the garb of horror movies....I watched it with subtitles and it still made a hell of an impact on me and my roomies who screwed me left right and centre when I brought that Belgian DVD.....


The Ordeal begins in an orthodox style where a musician who is supposed to perform on a Christmas eve leaves for Brussels in his car....He passes through a jungle and lo and behold ..His car breaks down....There starts the story although I won't disclose it completely.....A guy name Boris comes to find his goat....He offers the protagonist a shelter in an inn situated in a nearby village .....The protagonist yields and goes with Boris to meet the inn owner ....Bartel....The protagonist is happy and sleeps only to wake up next day to find his car completely thrashed ....Being very upset,he starts going to the village only to find people doing the unmentionable to a pig...Please dont abuse me ....This was not depicted graphically but the impact shown on protagonoists face was out of the world....These kind of things start happening and he starts to know the reality.......


If I disclose anything else...that will surely dilute your experience of watching this movie ......


My Recommendation : No glitzy actors, No Songs , No Swiss Alps...But a deep impact if you love horror movies....Do watch it ...if you can tolerate it ....After reading the excerpt if you are irritated .....don't dare to think of watching this movie...


***** I am not sure whether you will find a DVD of this movie in India ..

1 comment:

ViruS said...

baawaa.. seems to be an awesome Movie. I love GORE !!! hehehe No , not the politician!!! Tu mangaa ley bey DVD US of A se. waise Review se hi movie dhaasu lagti... Keep up the good work and keep reviewing Weird and normal movies u see. Salute to Ballesh

Take a Shot at the Movies

If you like this blog and want to co-author with us, then kindly send us mail at aggarwal.prabal@gmail.com
or vicksitis@gmail.com